Welcoming you on my site. My life is just like roller coaster, complicated but also fun. Enjoy all of my weirdo stuffs here :)

Concrete Angel

Hey, it's already the end of October and less than 3 months, we'll end 2011. So, lately I thought about my life and what I've done for the past 16 years of my life. When I thought about stupid mistakes I've done, about heartaches I've been through, about people that left me behind, about the unfortunate accidents I've felt, I thought that my life sucks. Sometimes, I really wanted to have others' life, the one that likely, have no problem. The one that full of success, the one that seems like never suffer any accidents or heartaches or even mistakes. An incident changes my point of view fully. My mom just got home from my uncle's home and she told me that my aunt has suffered breast cancer for 4 months. She said that my aunt was already bald, really skinny, and said that her life is worthless. My aunt is already hopeless about her disease and her life. This makes me think really much about how I was really ungrateful about my life that much much better than my aunt's life. The life we've felt ungrateful for, maybe is the life others want to have.

Maybe you're confused what's the relation of the title and this post. Well, "Concrete Angel" is a song by Martina McBride about a girl, also a victim of rape at her really young age. She still goes to school with heavy burden on her shoulder, that no one knows. This make me think about how I really ungrateful when I grumble about school, which I still could get through without heavy burden like the girl does. This song teaches me about our problem is not the heaviest one. Even when we're in trouble, we still can give thanks for other things we have.

Through the wind and the rain
She stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above
But her dreams give her wings
And she flies to a place where she's loved
Concrete angel
- Martina McBride, "Concrete Angel"